Thursday, July 22, 2010

Treasure Hunting

Last Saturday I went to a yard sale at Curtis Hall. They have one with a few dealers every other Saturday. I try to go to each one even if I don't have any money to spend (torture!) I mostly buy from a dealer named Kat. She always has wonderful vintage, whether it be clothes, jewelry, accessories, or sewing items. I have been buying from her for a while now and she is always very good to me. The weather was miserable this particular Saturday, 90+ degrees and the sun was scorching. But I made off with a few treasures. A velvet cape, fabric, two pairs of earrings, and a small purse- all of it vintage!

Then I walked down to the Jamaica Plain Boomerangs thrift store (I work at the West Roxbury location every other Saturday) There were more vintage treasures to be had!

{sorry for the bad pic I was having issues with the flash}

An angora sweater, a sewing/knitting book from 1956, and a coat pattern. Vintage goodies are my favorite! Looking forward to the next treasure hunt. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment